The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the industry standard qualification for those who deliver and assess training. This qualification will provide participants with the skills, knowledge and passion to deliver interesting and informative training sessions to groups and individuals, navigate the Australian training system and undertake competency-based assessments against any benchmark or standard.
The Qualification has been upgraded from the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. This Training Package was updated in April 2016. There has been a change in the core units to now include TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools and the unit TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills. The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO's) 2015 were all updated to include new credential requirements for Trainers and Assessors which include the requirement to hold the two new core units.
What if I would like to upgrade to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
You can upgrade to the full TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment if you would like to – but you don’t have to. There is nothing in the Standards (or in the wind) that would suggest that you have to have the full new Qualification although it is easier to upgrade to the full new Qualification especially if you need the unit TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools.
As a summary, there are four different core units which are included in the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. These are:
• TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes * ($175) non equivalent unit (from TAE40110)
• TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation * ($175) non equivalent unit (from TAE40110)
• TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools ( $350) new core unit
• TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills ($350) new core unit
If you are an experienced trainer and assessor and wish to obtain the full upgrade you can book in for a two day program for TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment tools and a one day program for TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills and complete additional learning activities in your own time and complete the assessment requirements in the two Candidate Assignment Booklets provided to achieve the full upgrade.
We understand it is a confusing sector, however we are well placed to guide you through the maze.
To enrol into this program you must hold the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment together with current competency in the relevant areas. This program is aimed at participants who have been working in training and assessment since they have achieved the qualification. If you have not been working in this area, please contact one of our Trainers/Assessors via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (08) 9221 1803 to discuss the best option for you.
Broad Learning Outcomes
- Describe the Australian Training system.
- Review the language of VET, defining key terms.
- Design and develop assessment tools which meet the rules of evidence and principles of assessment.
- Plan for assessment.
- Participate in assessment validation resulting in continuous improvement of assessment practices.
The TAE40110 to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment requires participants to complete two new core units as well as upgrade two non-equivalent units.
|The unit TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills is a new mandatory unit within the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. If you have the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (the older one) check your transcript to see if this unit was covered. If not you must obtain this unit to continue to work as a Trainer and Assessor if you are delivering nationally recognised training.|
|If you wish to upgrade to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment you are required to complete the unit TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools as well as undertaking a little more work for the units which are not equivalent (*)|| |
Modes of Delivery
- Face-to-face – workshops are run in the Perth CBD. If you would like to obtain this upgrade we get you to attend four days of training which is split into one day for TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills and then the first three days of our one week assessor workshop which is run from Monday to Wednesday. Following attendance at the workshops you are required to complete the relevant Candidate Assignment Booklets.
- Supported Distance Learning - you will be provided with a hard copy pack including your learners guide, assessment materials and all relevant supporting material. You will also be provided with an log in access to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform holds all the learning material, assessment requirements, resources, needed to complete the relevnat units.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – if you are currently in training and assessing and already hold the underpinning knowledge and skills required to demonstrate competency, then RPL may be an option. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full completion of a Qualification. RPL must be based on evidence which can be matched against relevant units. This evidence will depend upon the unit and some evidence will go across a number of units. Your Assessor must be satisfied that you have addressed all the requirements of the relevant unit before they can mark you as competent in that unit.
- To upgrade to the TAE40116 from the TAE40110 via RPL you must be able to evidence recent development of a number of assessment tools as well as expertise in identifying LLN requirements for an individual, training specifications and the workplace as well as implementing strategies to support LLN development. If you are uncertain of the best pathway for yourself or your team, The Pivot Institute will gladly help to identify the most suitable pathway that best suits your requirements.
Your assessment will be comprised of a number of tasks which will include:
The development of three sets of assessment tools (which include a plan for assessment) that have been trialled, reviewed and validated.
The analysis of training specifications and the requirements of the workplace in terms of LLN. Identification of LLN requirements for a learner and the design and implementation of strategies to use in a training and assessment environment to support LLN development.
You will need to complete all tasks in order to be assessed for competency. During the assessment process your assessor will:
- Answer any questions or concerns you may have about the assessment process or tasks
- Assess your competency as required by the unit of competency, by making judgments about the evidence presented in line with the rules of evidence: validity, authenticity, currency and sufficiency
- Give you feedback on the outcomes of the assessment process
- Provide your results, either competent or not yet competent
- advise you on the outcomes of the assessment including the appeals process you can follow if you disagree with the assessment decision.
This program is run in our RiverView Training Roome in Adelaide Terrace Perth. To achieve the full upgrade you are required to come to TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy (run on a Monday) and again to a three day program to cover the assessment units (run Monday to Wednesday).
TAELLN411 Address language, literacy and numeracy
13 January 2020
20 April 2020
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools and gap units
9-11 March 2020
8-10 June 2020
We also run customised programs in house (subject to minimum numbers). Contact us today for an obligation free proposal.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Apply today..........click below for the application form and email to email@example.com
We would love to hear from you. You can:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: (08) 9221 1803 OR 1300 354 309
- Make an appointment to visit: Our administration offices (201 Adelaide Terrace, Perth WA 6000 (access via Burt Way behind the cafe)
- Send us an enquiry via our website: www.pivot.edu.au
- Website: www.pivot.edu.au