BSB50215 Diploma of Business is a Nationally Accredited Course which provides graduates with skills and knowledge required to perform effectively as a executive officer, program consultant or program coordinator in an organisation.
Graduates of this course will have gained knowledge and awareness of business management practices, an understanding of the dynamics and principles underlying effective organisations, as well as the necessary skills to competently function within small or large business units.
The BSB50215 Diploma of Business would apply to individuals with various job titles including executive officers, program consultants and program coordinators.
- Working in, or aspiring to work in a supervisory role.
- Solid language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Computer literacy.
Broad Learning Outcomes:
Qualification has the following broad learning outcomes:
- Develop personal work goals, set and meet own work priorities and develop and maintain professional competence.
- Prepare for, conduct and follow up meetings.
- Allocate work for employees, assess performance and provide feedback.
- Establish a Team Performance Plan, develop team cohesion and facilitate teamwork.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement in the workplace.
- Develop project management documentation and run a project.
- Plan and undertake the recruitment, selection and induction of staff.
- Analyse current and future workforce needs and develop a comprehensive workforce plan.
There are 8 elective units for this Qualification. This Qualification is presented as a series of blocks for both our supported distance delivery as well as Perth based workshops. You can start the program at any time.
BLOCK 1: MANAGING YOURSELF, OTHERS & MEETINGS
BSBWOR501 Manage Personal Work Priorities & Professional Development
BSBMGT502 Manage People Performance
BSBADM502 Manage Meetings
#Post workshop study required.
BLOCK 2: MANAGE CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT AND WORKFORCE PLANNING.
BSBMGT403 - Implement Continuous Improvement
BSBHRM516 - Manage Workforce Planning (online)
BSBWOR502 - Lead and Mange Team Effectiveness
#Post workshop study required.
BLOCK 3: PROJECT MANAGEMENT, RECRUITMENT & OPERATIONAL PLANNING
BSBPMG522 Undertake Project Work
BSBHRM506 Manage Recruitment, Selection & Induction Processes
#Post workshop study required.
Methods of Delivery:
Face-to-face – you will be required to attend the scheduled delivery dates. Following each facilitated session you will be required to undertake additional learning activities as listed in your learning material and on the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). Assessment tasks are provided in the Candidate Assignment Booklet which you will complete the task assignments with support from your trainers and workplace. The Pivot Institute offers regular in-house student support days to assist in the completion of your assignments if required.
Supported Distance Learning - you will be provided with a hard copy pack including your Learner's Guide, assessment materials and all relevant supporting material. In addition access will be provided to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform holds all the learning material, assessment requirements, resources, needed to complete the qualification.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – if you have significant experience in the topic ares listed and hold the underpinning knowledge and skills required to demonstrate competency, then RPL may be an option. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full completion of a Qualification. RPL must be based on evidence which can be matched against relevant units. This evidence will depend upon the unit and some evidence will go across a number of units. Your Assessor must be satisfied that you have addressed all the requirements of the relevant unit before they can mark you as competent in that unit. RPL assessment at The Pivot Institute allows you to evidence your skills and knowledge through the completion of an RPL kit.
If you are uncertain of the best pathway for yourself or your team, The Pivot Institute will gladly help to identify the most suitable pathway that best suits your requirements. Often it can be a combination of methods. Call us today to discuss your best pathway.
For each unit, you will be provided with a Candidate Assignment Booklet. We work to ensure that the tasks are clear and that you have the right support and resources to undertake your assessment. This qualification requires that a number of activities are undertaken to prove competency so please consider these requirements prior to committing to the program. Your assessment will be comprised of a number of tasks which will include some of the following; developing a personal work plan, managing people in the workplace (or completing relevant case studies, organising and running effective meetings, implementing a continuous improvement into the workplace, developing a team performance plan, developing a workforce plan and managing the recruitment, selection and induction processes, undertaking a workplace project.
You will need to complete all tasks in order to be assessed for competency. During the assessment process your assessor will:
- Answer any questions or concerns you may have about the assessment process or tasks
- Assess your competency as required by the unit of competency, by making judgments about the evidence presented in line with the rules of evidence: validity, authenticity, currency and sufficiency
- Give you feedback on the outcomes of the assessment process
- Provide your results, either competent or not yet competent
- advise you on the outcomes of the assessment including the appeals process you can follow if you disagree with the assessment decision.
Volume of Work:
Average completion of the course is 18 months. Training duration will depend on the individual (their skills, knowledge and experience).
These Face to Face programs are run in our beautiful RiverView training room in Adelaide Terrace Perth. There are three clusters of workshops which can be attended in any order.
Block 1: Managing Yourself, Others and Meetings
- 24-26 February 2020 or
- 22-24 Feb 2020
Block 2: Manage Continuous Improvement and Workforce Planning
- 18 and 20 May 2020 or
- 17 and 19 May 2021
Block 3: Project Work and Recruitment
- 6 and8 July 2020 or
- 19 and 21 July 2021
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Apply today...…….click below for the application form and email to email@example.com
If you would like any further detail on this program, please contact us today.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: (08) 9221 1803 OR 1300 354 309
- Make an appointment to visit: Our office
- Our administration office (201 Adelaide Terrace Perth - access via Burt Way behind the coffee shop)
- Website: www.pivot.edu.au