Duration: 1 Day
Prerequisites: Reasonable language, literacy and numeracy skills
Delivery: Facilitated workshops, onsite practical assessments
Accreditation: Nationally Accredited.
This 1 Day program provides participants with the core competencies to work effectively and safely at heights.
This course is relevant to those working in or who intend to work at heights as part of their job role.
No previous qualifications needed.
Let our industry professionals guide you through your learning journey. This interactive course combines different methods of learning to ensure that graduates from this course are completely competent. This qualification requires 2 practical assessments which will be completed onsite in our working at heights practical area. The delivery method includes: facilitated workshops, theory assessments and practical assessments.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a statement of attainment in Work Safely at Heights- RIIWHS204D.
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Assess, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to working safely at heights.
- Adhere to WHS requirements associated with working safely at heights, and the workplace environment throughout the work.
- Identify and document scope of the task and the proposed work practices or activities.
- Identify, manage and report potential risks and hazards.
- Select materials, tools and equipment, including personal safety equipment, and check for serviceability.
- Inspect/install fall protection equipment ensuring adequacy for work and conformance to regulatory requirements.
- Install safety system accordance with requirements.
- Correctly fit, adjust and anchor fall protection and associated equipment.
- Check safety systems periodically for compliance with requirements and procedures.
- Dismantle safety systems in accordance with sequence and remove from worksite.
RTO Code: 51586