Duration: 1 Day
Prerequisites: Reasonable language, literacy and numeracy skills
Delivery: Facilitated interactive workshop
Accreditation: Nationally Accredited.
This 1 Day program provides participants with the core competencies to enter and work in confined spaces safely.
This course is relevant to those who are required to work in confined spaces as part of their job role.
No previous qualifications needed.
Let our industry professionals guide you through your learning journey. This interactive course combines different methods of learning to ensure that graduates from this course are completely competent. This qualification requires 2 practical assessments which will be completed onsite in our confined space. The delivery method includes facilitated workshop, theory assessments and practical assessments.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a Statement of Attainment.
After completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Obtain authorisation (entry permit) to enter a confined space in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Select tools and equipment to carry out tasks that are consistent with the requirements of the job and check them for serviceability and rectify or report any faults.
- Position rescue equipment as required by the entry permit close to the point of entry.
- Gain access to the confined space and enter the confined space according to agreed procedure.
- Maintain communication with the stand-by person.
- Conduct inspection of the confined space.
- Ensure that the atmosphere is tested and monitored for harmful elements in accordance with procedures.
- Apply and remove tagging and lock-out procedures as required.
- Complete confined space entry log.
- Confined space legislative requirements.
RTO Code: 51586