A Quick Glance at Performance Management
What is Performance Management?
Performance Management is a process that aligns team member performance to the achievement of business strategy. It is a continuous process focused on enhancing performance in order to deliver exceptional business results.
Performance Management involves the translation of organisational strategies and targets into practical and realistic performance goals for every role and person. It takes place between a team leader and team member and is guided by the organisation’s Performance Management process.
A successful Performance Management process:
- Contributes to an engaging climate of continuous improvement, and
- Uses leadership practices that encourage and develop individual skills and contributions, to achieve excellence in business performance.
A Performance Management process makes provision for the following key actions:
- Performance Agreement and Development Planning i.e. negotiating requirements and planning for results-based performance standards, outcomes, and measures
- Effective orientation and training
- Ongoing coaching
- Feedback that is regular, timely and specific
- Performance review discussion
- Effective recognition systems that reward individuals for their contributions
- Career development opportunities
Performance Management is one of the topics which is covered in Diploma of Management (BSB51107). The Pivot Institute offer this program in Broome, Derby and Kununurra. The program is also available online with tutor support to those located outside these regions. Call for further details (08) 9221 1803
Copyright of the Pivot Institute 2015